When we were boating, the wind and waves ultimately decided whether we'd stay in a certain port or make the run to our homeport of Ashtabula or our next destination. It's the single biggest reason we're a "landyacht" instead of being liveaboards somewhere which was the original plan 10 some years ago.
So yesterday, we see on the news where they're predicting 'super cells' for Oklahoma City, our next destination yesterday and today (when we're supposed to roll). They get pounded last night, as we did. 0.75" of rain around 3 a.m. with pea/nickel sized hail and a dog scared of thunder is not a pleasant way to try and sleep. Nothing like OKC, though with the hail, winds and rain that really slapped them silly.
With the forecast the same today (decent through the day but building to nasty by evening), we'll pass on leaving. The truck is packed, we're ready, but the Edmond (OK) Elks Lodge will have to wait another day.
Showing posts with label Liveaboards. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Liveaboards. Show all posts
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
My last post on this blog
This blog was started as a way to communicate to everyone in long form about Connie and my adventures. It turned into a way to long form gi...
-
This blog was started as a way to communicate to everyone in long form about Connie and my adventures. It turned into a way to long form gi...
-
What should have been stress free, relaxing Saturday has turned into anything but. Spent the morning on the phone with either Curascript, ...
-
A lot of driving got us to Schulenburg RV Park from the Gulf Coast Elks RV Park . We had hoped to go to the Houston Elks Lodge and park...

