Thursday, July 6, 2017

If you're going to cook all day, you need a base

I've got a pretty big smoking project today, and two of the three recipes call for bacon.

Here's the link to the Smoked Meat Loaf.

Here's the link to the smoked tomato and onion salad dressing.

Here's the link to the smoked Mac N Cheese.

If you're going to cook bacon, you've got to eat bacon.


My Brinkmann grill has a little griddle that goes in place of one of the grates.  So I used it for the bacon we're going to have for breakfast, and that leaves room for the stainless steel pan where I'm going to cook the bacon we're going to cook with.

Since I'm just cooking and crumbling the cooking bacon, I'm stealing a tip from a friend at our old boat club (shout out Sally White!) who used to cut the bacon into pieces, then pan fry it.


After the first round of bacon (Connie's round) is done, I added the best fundraiser item I ever bought (Shout out, Maddie Porter!)  It's a little round mabobbie that holds the egg after you break it.  Smash the egg yolk, let it fry and boom you've got an egg McSims.



After that's all cooked (finished product is below), it's time to make my sammie.  




Cut my home made bread in a diagonal, add the egg:


Add the bacon:


Often I'll add cheese and an onion, too.  But, I've got WAY too much to do today!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My last post on this blog

This blog was started as a way to communicate to everyone in long form about Connie and my adventures.  It turned into a way to long form gi...