Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Where have we been?

We've been lazy, that's where.

Making a July 4th resolution to post more, so let me catch you up.

Connie's been undergoing her treatments every three weeks, and she's hanging in there.  She's not as mobile as she'd like to be, but we're hoping recent visits to the spine doctor, an epidural next week and PT to follow will be a help.

Pretty much a season and a half have come and gone since our last post.  We've relocated in Texas to Port Aransas (Pioneer RV Park) as a home base for the entire season, not just a couple of months in the fall.  Our Ohio base is still Timber Ridge Campground south of Vermilion.

Our grand daughter, Kingsley, is now two years old and cute as a button, just like her mother.



We lost Carmen in February of 2016 to cancer that got into her spine.  In June of 2016, we welcomed Tangy (Tan-jee, like "Olentangy") to our home.  She's ornery, very loving, and can be, well, batsh*t crazy at times, but she's a welcome addition.


I lost my Mom at age 91 this past January.  It was a pretty stressful time since I was in Texas and she was in Ohio.  She fell the day before Christmas Eve and I talked to her from the hospital.  She was upset that she fell, didn't really know how, and they were keeping her there because some enzymes weren't right on the tests.  She had actually suffered a heart attack, had another one shortly after I talked to her, and literally lost the will to live.  She passed away January 23rd, almost exactly a month later.  We had her ceremony on her birthday (May 24th) when we returned to Ohio.



That's pretty much the (real) short story.  I'm hoping to wean myself off posting everything on Facebook and putting things here where they belong.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My last post on this blog

This blog was started as a way to communicate to everyone in long form about Connie and my adventures.  It turned into a way to long form gi...